mission

A project spawned by my love for my own 2 PitBull "Babies"... Most of the dogs featured I have stumbled upon on the pages of the internet. Links to their stories will be included for further information. Art items are for sale in my ArtsyBullies etsy shop... Portions of the proceeds will be donated to Bully Rescue/Organizations.

Please do not duplicate any of my art without my permission, they are all copyright ©Jamie Schwartz visit Jammerdesignz for my tattoo portfolio and other work. "Art is the Pits, Artsy Bullies by Jamie Schwartz" is a registered Trademark. Please do not use any images without my consent.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An obsession 3 years in the making.....

In November of 2007 My husband, Brian, and I had just gotten married (8/4/07) we bought a house shortly after.... We had also welcomed some friends to live in our guest room while they got back on their feet. So with all this going on what more could we need?! We already had 3 Cats we shared our life with, what work could one more animal require?! Like I said before, in November... we welcomed our first Puppy into our life! We got Staniel J. from a friend.. This friend had an "Oops" litter and we needed a puppy right? LOL With a face like this who could resist:

Staniel


Stan has really become part of my heart. plain and simple. To think of life without him... well I don't even want to think of it. I was never a "dog person" and never understood why people would obsess over their dogs.... Well know I am one of "those people" You see I have made the conscience decision to not have children... I know I've heard it all before, but you'll change your mind, wait and see... I'm 33 and have never felt that way for a baby. It doesn't trigger anything in me to see a newborn. I can appreciate my friends having children, as I am "at that age" however my choice to have animals to dote upon and spoil... it's my choice :)

Stan was about to turn 2 and Brian and I were about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. So to really celebrate and throw a wrench into things... (we no longer have house guests and life is somewhat "normal") Let's get another Puppy! So we welcomed "Pikey" into our home in July of 2009... again with a face like this who could resist?

Photobucket


Our life is complete for the moment. I wish for everyone to feel the love I receive when I look into my "boys'" eyes.

I have also learned in this 3 year journey the love and hatred for this breed.... It really is a shame that some awful owners out there feel that the way to train these dogs is through violence and abuse... You never see those headlines... the ones where the animal has been on the receiving end of the abuse... I will not deny that these dogs can be powerful. However it's their driving force to please the people they love to do the bad things that reach media headlines... I have also met some amazing people over the last year that have made it their mission to become a voice for these amazing animals! (please check out Pinups for PitbullsLook at these guys, the best of buds!:

Photobucket

Which brings me to my long winded point for starting this new blog... I am artsy. Yep it's true. I don't claim to be the best, but I'm the best at what I can personally do... Lately I have rekindled my love of painting for arts sake... I usually do functional art. Through a couple art projects for charity auctions, I have re-lit that flame! My personal goal is to create at least 1 painting a week, maybe 1 per day if I get really ambitious... So far I have done 2 in 2 days so I am on a roll!

So without further Ado I present to you the first of hopefully many, in my mission to spread some Pittie Love!!!!:

#1 painted 8/23/10 "Pittie Love"

Pittie Love

This piece is on a wooden Heart that is 7"x 7" painted with acrylic and then sealed. The "Pittie" head was from a plastic blank doll I got at the craft store... I took the head and fixed it to the flowers to give this little doggie a fancy collar! Then painted to look almost like "Petey" one of the most loved and famous Pit Bulls of all time, from the old hit tv Show "The Little Rascals"

No comments:

Post a Comment